Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Notable & Indifferent: Henry Shows How to Be a "Winner"

"I can't lose in the presidential race because I don't have a candidate." - Henry "Economist" Gómez, "Good Luck With That! (comment)," Babalú, March 18, 2008

The "I Can't Lose Because I Don't Have a [blank]" Formula may be useful when it comes to other chimerical areas of Henry's life besides civic duty. For example:

"It can't rain because I don't have an umbrella."

"I can't be late because I don't know what time it is."

"I can't be wrong because I don't have a clue."

Any or all of these may prove useful when he gets his invite to Barack Obama's inauguration.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or "I can't write the things I want to say"

Anonymous said...

Henry, alias Baby Huey would bite his nose to spite his face.

Anonymous said...

"I stuck my head in the sand, so reality is not happening"

Vana said...

LOL...I marvel at Henry's intelligence..I can't lose because I can't win...lol

Anonymous said...

"No cogito, ergo, no sum."

Manny Youngman, you're still pretty damn funny!

Anonymous said...

I ask this question, CUBA... great country... or the greatest country ever? (not so much the last 40 some years). U.S.A. the same except maybe longer. The lockstep approach is what cripples us. With all due respect, there is no need to talk about "ginebrita" being "all that" much better than Yoyi wooden teeth (although it may be valid). Sad to say, the USA hasn't given crap about Cuba except for their own self interest(and I was born here... and consider myself American). If Marti would have kowtowed to his Spanish parents (don't get me started on Spain), we wouldn't have "El Apóstol." This country needs no excuses, but if you talk the talk you should walk the walk. "Nuff Said."

Anonymous said...

And what happened to George Moneo?
They just airbrushed the guy out of Babaloonia, but his buddies Val and Henry do not feel that they have to tell their readers that there's a genius toad less in that pond.
Of course, credit them with one thing; that blog is more readable now that they got rid of shorty. But still NOT good!