Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Round 3 With Henry

Henry Louis Gomez said...

Manuel,

Taking one sentence out of the context of the hundreds of sentences I've written about raul and his so-called reforms is dishonest and that's why even your greek chorus is taking you task.

I never implied that raul has no responsibility in Cuban tragedy, but rather I was highlighting the fact that even among murderous communists with faulty ideas that fidel was in a class of his own when it came to making capricious and arbitrary rules.

That's not an endorsement, except in the mind of a man who has lost touch with reality, if he ever was in touch with it to begin with.

In judging whether my statement was an endorsement of raul's "reforms" or a simple statement of truth the reader should ask himself this question:

If he were alive and conscious, would fidel have ever allowed even these cosmetic changes that are being passed off as reform?

I believe the answer is no.
4/15/2008 9:44 PM


Henry:

Forgive me if I cannot attend to each and every sentence that you write at Babalú. I think, however, that I have dissected quite a few, certainly a representative sample and then some. It appears that you are not happy with the particular sentence that I chose this time. I would remind you, however, that I did not write it. You wrote it and should stand by it, not try to hide behind "the hundreds of other sentences that [you] have written about Raúl." If you believe, as I now suspect, that this particular sentence does you no credit, then delete it. God knows you have no difficulty deleting hundreds of sentences from others.

I have no Greek chorus, Henry; nor do I want one. If I did, I could follow your prescription for obtaining one, which consists of deleting all comments (and even entire threads) which differ from Babalú's official position or banning any commenter whose opinions consistently depart from your party line. Such artificial consensus, achieved with long knives and at the price of decency and honor, is of no interest to me. I think it would only interest someone as yourself who likes to reshape reality to conform to his interests.

You ask:

"If he were alive and conscious, would fidel have ever allowed even these cosmetic changes that are being passed off as reform?"

My answer: Yes.

Fidel Castro would do anything to insure the permanence of power in the Castro family and his own warped legacy. Certainly anything that is merely cosmetic.


Henry Louis Gomez said...

The idea that you don't read every word I write is laughable. You've dedicated what, half a dozen posts to me in the last week alone (before the last three)? No, you know exactly how I feel about raul castro but chose to distort what I wrote because your personal obsession has pushed you to the point where you can't even levy and honest criticism anymore.

The glory which is built upon a lie soon becomes a most unpleasant incumbrance. -Mark Twain
4/16/2008 12:58 AM


Henry:

I didn't say that I don't read every word you write (except for the Dorshner delusion). I do read your every word just as you read every word I write about you here and even keep count of how many posts I write about you every week as some kind of running tally of your importance (yet another confirmation of my "lies" and "distortions"). However, as I have already stated, I cannot annotate every sentence you write. I am not a rabbi and you are not the Talmud. Yes, naturally, I must be selective, and, naturally, I select your most outrageous comments to highlight. I have never claimed otherwise. On the rare occasions when you have said something out of character that I consider noteworthy or even praiseworthy, I will mark it, too.

There is no glory, Henry, in critiquing your writings. It really is a case of "He Stoops to Conquer." I can't even have the satisfaction that you will benefit by my exertions. Even if I were Mark Twain, this would be an unpleasant but necessary task.

13 comments:

Centurion said...

Hay dio mio....
que pasa en ete gallineo...
lla deen de pelea...



La tia de fantomas

Fantomas said...

Mat hay un gracioso aqui que no sabe escribir español

pal laton de basura , llevatelo viento de agua

dime si el ip es de NY or MIA

Vana said...

Manuel:

I said it before, I'll say it again, Henry gets to come in here and state his case, something he and Val do not allow us at Babalunia, does he not see that? is he so blind he cannot see how refreshing it is to comment here.

Fantomas said...

Vana no te emociones tanto chica

Mat no cobra por comentar aqui.

aqui comenta hasta el papa , que te pasa

The Wizard said...

Just tell me one thing, how on Earth did you find the front door this morning?

Centurion said...

fantoma:
polque abla mal de tu tia..
yo te quielo muuuucho. acueldate cuando te decian:

Fantoma Fantomita besame la calvita
Fantoma Fantomon besame el culon

Yo siemple le entlaba a ecobasos.

Yo se mucho de ti ... lespeta a tu
tia......



fantomasiita...
la tia de fantomas

Henry Louis Gomez said...

The idea that you don't read every word I write is laughable. You've dedicated what, half a dozen posts to me in the last week alone (before the last three)? No, you know exactly how I feel about raul castro but chose to distort what I wrote because your personal obsession has pushed you to the point where you can't even levy and honest criticism anymore.

The glory which is built upon a lie soon becomes a most unpleasant incumbrance.
-Mark Twain

Vana said...

Henry:

You come into Manuel's blog where you are allowed to comment or defend yourself, yet you don't allow us to comment at Babalu, can't you see what is wrong with this picture? if I were Manuel I would send you to The Madhouse.

Vana said...

Manuel:

Send Henry straight to The Madhouse, that's where he belongs, maybe there we can talk some sense into that dense skull.

Vana said...

Henry:

Manuel chooses to post about you because you need help,you are so dense you refuse to learn anything, that is why Babalunia is a dying blog, you seldom get comments now, people are staying away in droves, you run it like a tyranny, where no one is alowed to speak their mind, freedom of speach is rearly alowed there, you are very adept at deleting posts and comments, no wonder you now come in here, you are getting desperate Henry and it shows.

Anonymous said...

come on Vana, whether you agree with him or not, you can't expect Henry to not come here. MaT has savaged him pretty badly in the recent posts.

Vana said...

Anon:

In this life you get what you deserve, Henry is getting his. That's All.

Vana said...

Oh Anon, did you know Manuel was banned from Babalu, he's not allowed to comment there, yet he's gracious enough to allow Henry to comment here, I would say Manuel is the better man, sorry if you don't agree with me.