Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Remarkable Discovery: Less of Me Is More

I have made a remarkable discovery. I did not post on the 1st or the 2nd. What happened? The readership of this blog went up by 100% on the first day and 200% on the next. I don't know whether if was everybody checking in to see when the next new post would appear or the Babalunians cherishing the hope that none would appear again. If this trend is constant, I think I could catch up to Babalú's stats in just one month. By writing absolutely nothing. Of course, that would be constitutionally impossible for me and catastrophic for the Cuban blogosphere.

Two new articles will be posted shortly: one on santeria's predictions for 2007 and another on the Cuban regime's website on Cuban cuisine. I don't know which is more surrealistic.

So stay tuned.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are missed.

Daniel @ Campinas said...

I dunno, but so far you sent me more traffic than my mom, and she said she would send the link to family and friends. In regards to the Santeria post, can you provide (or tell me where to find) both the "official" state controlled babalao and the other "un official" babalao reading?

Anonymous said...

It is fear of the unknown MAT, that prompts the nervous mouse clicks.

Manuel A.Tellechea said...

simple truth(s):

The Babalunians will breathe easy because today because I am concerned only with the babalaos.

Manuel A.Tellechea said...

Daniel:

As soon as I the white babalaos ("white" as in anti-Communist) pronounce themselves, I shall report their predictions as well. Hopefully, they will not evade the obvious question as the red babalaos have done.

I am glad that RCAB's insightful readers have flocked to Wickets and Guayaba in droves. There is much that they will find of interest there, including how to turn IQ points into rice kernels with which to feed the poor, as well as details of Tom Wolfe's latest novel set in Miami and featuring Cuban-Americans:

http://wicketsandguayaba.blogspot.com

Or just click on Daniel's name on this page and you will be taken to his blog instantly.

Manuel A.Tellechea said...

Anonymous:

If I have the tribe of Anonimi with me, I am invincible.

Vana said...

But I would rather have more of you not less, I too came in here hoping for a post.

Anonymous said...

I аm eхtremеlу impresѕed along with уour wrіtіng
skіlls and also ωith the layout to your weblοg.

Is thiѕ a pаiԁ theme oг ԁiԁ уou customizе
it уour ѕelf? Either waу stay uρ the excеllent hіgh qualіtу ωriting, it іѕ uncommοn to lоok a nice blog
liκе this onе nοωadaуѕ.
.

Μy wеbpage :: reputation management