Friday, January 4, 2008

Henry Gómez & George Moneo for Bill Richardson (By Default)

As announced on the Babalú [Faux] Radio Hour yesterday, Henry Gómez and George Moneo are both supporting Bill Richardson for president by default: that is, if no Republican can win, they would prefer that Richardson did. In respect to Cuba, Richardson is the Democratic candidate with the closest ties to Fidel Castro. Not only has he personally met with Fidel more times than any other candidate, more, in fact, than Jesse Jackson were he a candidate, Richardson has also served as Fidel Castro's personal conduit to the Clinton White House. That's right, not the other way around, which would have been bad enough. It was that kind of "cooperation" which gave us the "Wet Foot/Dry Foot" policy and opened the way for the exchange of information on exile groups between the FBI and the Cuban DGI and who knows what other perfidies that still remain classified.

Before we proceed to detail his stint as Castro's "Man in the White House," let us quote Richardson's estimate of Fidel Castro as reported in a Playboy interview:

"Fidel Castro has an enormously powerful intellect and is well informed. He told me he reads every newspaper, sees every morning broadcast and reads prodigiously. He showed me all the books he read. While I have enormous dislike for his policies — especially human rights; he incarcerates everybody who disagrees with him — he is a fascinating character who tries to intimidate you with his intellect. Saddam Hussein, on the other hand, tried to intimidate me with his physical actions. He would try to stare me down. He had a bunch of the Revolutionary Guard around us. He was heavily armed. His gestures were menacing. But through his intellect, Castro would try to destroy every argument I made about why he should take certain steps."

So there you have it. Richardson is in awe of Fidel's "enormously powerful intellect." Why, Fidel even showed him the books he has read and I bet there were a lot of them. Saddam Hussein tried to intimidate Richardson by his menacing gestures, but Fidel did so by virtue of his superior intelligence. Obviously, Fidel doesn't use his "intellect" to overwhelm dissidents in Cuba; he overwhelms them with force. But Richardson is another case. Fidel does think that he can "reason" with him and has even convinced him that he rules by virtue of his "enormously powerful intellect," the same intellect that has turned his country into a charnelhouse.

Back in 1998, Fidel Castro sent a special message to President Clinton which he entrusted to Gabriel García Márquez, the Colombian novelist. García Márquez in turn contacted Bill Richardson, who promised to arrange a meeting with Clinton. Meanwhile, García-Márquez barricaded himself in a Washington, DC hotel room, fearful that he might lose (or be relieved of) the fateful communiqué, which, as a safeguard, he attempted to memorize. (You know, in case he had to eat it). Eventually, Richardson arranged the meeting, but not with Clinton, who was in California, but with his national security advisors. To them he presented his "Message to Clinton," wherein Castro charged that the Cuban American Foundation was waging a clandestine terrorist war against Cuba. García Márquez's confidential account of the meeting at the White House, which Castro, of course, made public, is the only thing he has ever written that I've read twice for the pleasure of it. It confirms to me what I had always suspected, that no man ever lived who was as servile or gullible. (I have copied his comments and confined them in the Madhouse for the Stupid and Obnoxious. It is the last comment, if anyone is interested).

So there you have it. Bill Richardson, admirer of Fidel Castro and García Márquez and errand boy to both, is Henry and George's favorite Democrat (or least unfavorite Democrat).


POSTSCRIPT:

universalspectator said...

Manuel, you are truly, deeply insane. Really, you're nuts. You've finally convinced me.

Your obsession with us has reached levels that even Freud would not comprehend. Christ, were you raised in a Skinner Box? The American Psychiatric Association couldn't come up with a workable definition for your mental condition. And, to add flavoring to your insanity and acute envy, you're a fucking liar to boot! Your mendacity and misinterpretation know no bounds. You invent your scenarios out of whole cloth as an exercise to show what a smart guy you are and instead, what comes out are the rantings of a sad, pathetic, small-minded asshole.

Get a fucking life, get laid, buy an inflatable doll if you're lonely, but do something useful for a change.
1/05/2008 12:14 AM


Manuel A.Tellechea said...
George:

Well, you have graced my blog in your own persona for once. That, at least, is something. Val had no better sense. Henry, at least, knows enough to keep away.

As third banana, you are not very often mentioned in these precincts. If I were obsessed with you, I have certainly done an admirable job of concealing it. Do not attribute this to any particular affinity for you. Yes, I find your cosmopolitan pretensions amusing and you possess the nearest thing to culture in Babalú's Unholy Triad — which is not saying much — but you are usually so little concerned with Cuba and so greatly concerned with your Arabist fetish that your opinions, for the most part, do not fall within the purview of this blog. However, knowing now how much you depend on me for validation and cherish every passing mention of you, I shall endeavor to throw you a bone now and then.

I imagine that you are not able to delete away on your faux radio show as you do on Babalú. So whoever has the time to listen to your aptly named "egofest" can find full confirmation there of everything I have said here. If I were inclined to "invent scenarios out of whole cloth," I would not be able to reach the levels of insanity that come naturally to you and your "friends." (Perhaps some day I will explain why I put friends in quotation marks).

BTW, any man whose rhetorical bag of tricks includes an "inflatable doll" and "small (or large)-assholes" has bigger problems than an inflamed ego.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manuel,
don't tell me you listen to the Jorge and Henry show? I listened a few times and found it to be an egofest. Henry cannot modulate his voice so he ends up yelling and breathing into the mike (that boy's got to lose some weight)and Jorge can't make up his mind if he's an intellectual or comedian.

Oz

Manuel A.Tellechea said...

George:

Well, you have graced my blog in your own persona for once. That, at least, is something. Val had no better sense. Henry, at least, knows enough to keep away.

As third banana, you are not very often mentioned in these precincts. If I were obsessed with you, I have certainly done an admirable job of concealing it. Do not attribute this to any particular affinity for you. Yes, I find your cosmopolitan pretensions amusing and you possess the nearest thing to culture in Babalú's Unholy Triad — which is not saying much — but you are usually so little concerned with Cuba and so greatly concerned with your Arabist fetish that your opinions, for the most part, do not fall within the purview of this blog. However, knowing now how much you depend on me for validation and cherish every passing mention of you, I shall endeavor to throw you a bone now and then.

I imagine that you are not able to delete away on your faux radio show as you do on Babalú. So whoever has the time to listen to your aptly named "egofest" can find full confirmation there of everything I have said here. If I were inclined to "invent scenarios out of whole cloth," I would not be able to reach the levels of insanity that come naturally to you and your "friends." (Perhaps some day I will explain why I put friends in quotation marks).

BTW, any man whose rhetorical bag of tricks includes an "inflatable doll" and "small (or large)-assholes" has bigger problems than an inflamed ego.

Anonymous said...

Once again, great comedy from one of the Three Stooges. Great to wake up and laugh hard! It's like the matinee on Saturday mornings at the Cinecito in Havana when I was a kid.

nonee moose said...

Well, we found SoTP's heir on one count: The next Great Babalu Blood Feud. Get ready for those meters to spin, boys.

I see the bait has not changed, MAT. What more proof is there of your foil's pathology?

Manuel A.Tellechea said...

nonee:

Alex (formerly of SotP) had his great moments with the "Poodle," as he renamed George "Pitbull" Moneo, which, to George's great benefit, Rick has deleted. I do not think that George will expose himself here to my courses in humility. I agree that it would make for great entertainment. But George does not possess my own generous impulses when I made the meters run amok and the comments sizzle at SotP and Babalú.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the background info on Richardson. I just saw him in the debate and he's frightening. I can't believe any true conservative could vote for him.

Anonymous said...

rene,

note, I did not write republican or democrat as those labels no longer count to me. As an agnostic, i found your comment a bit condescending, dude. If you don't know what a conservative is as opposed to a progressive, grab a book. Or in the alternative, just vote for Kucinich and go party with Oliver Stone, Charlie Rangel and Leo DiCaprio in Varadero.

Anonymous said...

Moneo who? His name is Ustet.